This blog belongs to Owen who is 11 years old. He moved to Grenada in September 2014 with us, his family, while I volunteer with Cuso International. He is sharing his thoughts about moving to a foreign country, living in the Caribbean and how it is to come home after ten months away.




Sunday 19 October 2014

Octoberfest Hash Style



* Mom's notes: Since 1985 a group of runners puts on a harrier run (and now a walk) where you follow a trail of shredded paper through the countryside of Grenada. This week was Octoberfest so we met up in the village of Munich for run #849. Probably two hundred people attend these weekly runs. They always end at a drinking location, with music and dancing!


At the start we were late so we had to catch up . It only took about three minutes to catch up to
the rest of the Hashers. After we caught up it was slow for ten minutes  because we had to cross  a  stream . That is when I started to get mucky . It had rained hard earlier and the trail was a muddy mess.


There were a lot of ups and downs in the trail . When we got across it was very  muddy I did not fall down just yet , but little did I know that I was going to fall later on . My brother  and I were sliding down a muddy section and he by accident he hit me because he was faster than me- that is when I fell. I got my pants all muddy.
 

 
 
Much later we had lost the group because we were slower well not Aiden or me, but Mom and Dad.
After we got out of the forest and I saw a wrecked car in a bush. Soon we were in the town where we started after.
 


 
 
When we got there we bought a 850 hash shirt- next weekend is the 850th hash harrier run in Grenada.  I loved it I want to go every week.
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment