This blog belongs to Owen who is 11 years old. He moved to Grenada in September 2014 with us, his family, while I volunteer with Cuso International. He is sharing his thoughts about moving to a foreign country, living in the Caribbean and how it is to come home after ten months away.




Sunday 26 April 2015

Cricket

On Friday we went to the Cricket Stadium. It took us about 10 minutes to drive down to the stadium and we had to park on a steep hill because the roads were closed.

We asked a policeman where to get the tickets. He said to go around the building. It took us about 10 minutes to walk around the building because where we came in was on the exact opposite side!

When we got the tickets and we went through security. We again had to walk the full length back to climb up to the second story. Then we walked back again to find our seats! When we were walking we saw that there other ways to get up that we missed.

We went to find our seats and there were four British people sitting in them. So dad told them politely to go to their own seats. After that we started to watch the game.

About three hours in me and dad went to get some food because I was hungry. We got French fries and chicken and a Coke. We went back and we ate the food.

When we left the West Indies was ahead of England. I was not feeling well so we left.

I thought the game was interesting but I didn't understand it. I now know how the points are scored. I would not go to another cricket game, but I am glad I saw one.



No comments:

Post a Comment