This blog belongs to Owen who is 11 years old. He moved to Grenada in September 2014 with us, his family, while I volunteer with Cuso International. He is sharing his thoughts about moving to a foreign country, living in the Caribbean and how it is to come home after ten months away.




Tuesday 24 February 2015

Please Excuse Me

Me reading Harry Potter
Today I came home early from school. The school is practicing marching for sports day. Mom and dad wrote a note saying I did not have to march because they are worried about me getting a sunburn. Another reason is because without enough water I could pass out.

In Grenada, they take sports really seriously. At my school there are four houses; red, yellow, blue
and green (just like Harry Potter only without the fun names). I am in red house and so is my brother. The houses are insanely competitive, but I don't know who is winning.

I don't think marching is very fun and it doesn't teach you anything, that is why mommy and daddy let us come home. Today I got home at 1:15 which means the other kids would be marching for an hour and 15 minutes. I came home and played with my bigger brother who was at home, sick. It was ways better than marching!

No comments:

Post a Comment