This blog belongs to Owen who is 11 years old. He moved to Grenada in September 2014 with us, his family, while I volunteer with Cuso International. He is sharing his thoughts about moving to a foreign country, living in the Caribbean and how it is to come home after ten months away.




Sunday 22 June 2014

Believe it or Not


With my cousin Randy
Two weekends ago I went to the Ripley’s Believe it or Not Aquarium in Toronto. I went with aunt Ceilidh, Uncle Ken and my cousin Randy.

We saw turtles, sharks, all different types of fish. What I liked best was the sharks because one looked like a saw. There was a tunnel that was glass that went through a shark tank. I crawled through it with my cousin Randy. It was COOL! I also got to pet stingrays and sharks- they felt weird. Their skin felt like soft leather that was slippery. When I went to Marineland in Florida I also pet a Stingray.  

Practicing in the pool
My plan is to snorkel in Grenada and see lots of underwater sea life and plant life. I am practicing snorkeling in my pool so I get good at it. I am excited to go snorkeling in Grenada.  In Grenada there is an underwater art exhibit. There sculptures of people that are stuck underwater. It represents the slaves that were killed coming to Grenada. I think I will feel sad when I see that.

No comments:

Post a Comment