This blog belongs to Owen who is 11 years old. He moved to Grenada in September 2014 with us, his family, while I volunteer with Cuso International. He is sharing his thoughts about moving to a foreign country, living in the Caribbean and how it is to come home after ten months away.




Sunday 15 June 2014

What I do Matters!

Giving the opening address at Celebration
Friday the 13th was Celebration at Goodwin Learning Centre, this years theme was "What I do Matters". I think this is very true. Here is how what I do matters:
- When I have plastic bags I recycle them- so then it doesn't go in the dumps.
- I compost my leftover food- so it makes dirt and it also stays out of the landfill.
- I am kind and respectful to people and then hopefully other people will be too.
Singing "We Shall Be Free"
When I am in Grenada some of the things that I will do that matter are:
  • I will be learning about other cultures so when I come back to Canada more knowledge and different ideas.
  • I will make new friends and teach them about Canada- but not about hockey!
I am hoping that this blog will be something that I do that matters so other children will learn from my experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment