This blog belongs to Owen who is 11 years old. He moved to Grenada in September 2014 with us, his family, while I volunteer with Cuso International. He is sharing his thoughts about moving to a foreign country, living in the Caribbean and how it is to come home after ten months away.




Friday 6 June 2014

Needles!

Look mom not a scratch!
When my mom told me I had to get needles I thought "No! No! No! I am not going." I thought it would be very painful.

I was scared the day of my needles. To help, I brought a stuffed kola. Aiden went first and he didn't say that it hurt, so I went.

The nurse poked me with a needle and then she counted to three. And then it was done! The nurse gave me some ice. It was only five minutes before I gave it back.

Then we came home and I got freezies and went in the pool. This morning I feel fine.

My advice to a kid who is scared is bring a stuffie and ask to have ice after. Don't worry it is not going to be as bad as you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment